Sunday, January 8, 2012

Rice in Ampalaya Silog

Pancake House has come out with dishes inspired by the show Junior Master Chef Pinoy Edition.  I have been able to catch tidbits of a few episodes but I'm more familiar with the Australian version.


I was about to order my usual Hot Roast Chicken with the Taco when my curiosity got to me.  I ordered the Rice in Ampalaya Silog from the special menu.
Meat filled ampalaya topped with melted cheese, served with garlic rice, sunny side up egg, crispy dilis and pickled ampalaya P235


They used the same meat they use for the tacos which I absolutely love.  The ampalaya slices were crisp and the bitterness was minimal.  The ampalaya, meat and cheese worked well together.  The crispy dilis and pickled ampalaya were sweet.  

I would also love to try the Porksilog Steak with the pan-grilled pork loin filled with garlic longganisa meat or the Fish Burger with Malunggay Sauce and Caramelized Ginger. 

--------------------
Pancake House
Missouri St. cor. Connecticut St.
Greenhills, San Juan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...