Friday, June 22, 2012

Cyma

Last May, we celebrated my niece's 2nd birthday with a greek feast at Cyma.  We started with the Cold Pikilia which consisted of all 5 of the cold dips.  
Cold Pikilia P530
Tzatziki - The classic! cucumber, garlic and greek yogurt dip
Melitzanosalata - Freshly roasted eggplant, tomatoes, garlic, fresh lemon and evoo
Hummous - Velvetty chickpea, tahini and garlic dip
Htipiti - Creamed feta cheese, hint of roasted spicy peppers and evoo
Taramosalata - Greek caviar, salted fish roe dip

Since it took me so long to blog about this, I can no longer identify with absolute certainty which dip is which except for the Melitzanosalata (the one with the eggplants) and the Taramosalata (that pink thing in the middle).  I remember liking all of them especially the Tzatziki.  The Htipiti was too salty and I mistakenly ate the spicy pepper.  I had to ask for sugar to revive my tastebuds.  We loved the pita bread and got an extra order since there was still a lot of dip left.

We regretted picking the super salty Horiatki Salata.  We weren't exactly fighting for the last few bites.
Horiatiki Salata solo-P250, to share-P380, family-P490
Traditional Greek village summer salad - feta cheese, tomatoes, cucumbers,, olives, capers, bell peppers and red wine vinaigrette served with grilled garlic bread 

The Greek Onion Soup was pretty good.
Greek Onion Soup P195
Gently caramelized sweet white onions with apple brandy, white wine, potatoes, yogurt and creamy feta cheese served with toasted crostini  

I wasn't able to try the Kakavia but my sister in law liked it.
Kakavia starter-P280, entree-P595
Greek fisherman's stew - freshest catch of the day simmered with fresh herbs and vegetables in saffron broth, served with grilled garlic bread 

The Solomos Angel Hair was something different and I would order this again but to be paired with another dish and shared with someone.
Solomos Angel Hair solo-P450, to share-P650, family P950
Salmon Pasta - Cyma original - sauteed salmon with tomato, basil cream sauce, fresh lime juice, feta and parmigiano reggiano

I enjoyed the Hirine Brizola just like the first time I tasted it.  Thick, soft and juicy pork chop pieces were heaven in my mouth.  The rice is a bit on the sweet side though.
Hirine Brizola P495
Grilled pork chops - 3/4 inch thick, tender, bone-in, served with rice stuffed peppers

We have celebrated birthdays (and I think even one Mother's Day) at Cyma maybe about a handful of times over the years.  I honestly do not recall what we had then but I will definitely remember the Hirine Brizola.  Oh and I want to go back for the pita bread and the Spinach and Artichoke Fondue.

-----------------
Cyma, G/F Greenbelt 2, Ayala Center, Makati City

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...