Thursday, April 12, 2012

Beef Massaman Curry

This is one of the many mixes we purchased at a thai exhibit.  Simple instructions were printed at the back of the pack but I didn't follow them to the letter.


What I used
  • around 500 grams beef cubes for beef stew
  • 1 400ml can Thai Heritage coconut milk
  • 1 50 gram pack Kanokwan Massaman Curry Paste
  • water
  • 2 potatoes, peeled and cut into serving pieces


What I did
  • heated the coconut milk and curry paste over medium heat.  stirred continuously until oil appeared on top
  • added the meat and about a cup of water and let it boil.  the sauce thickened so I kept on adding water until the beef softened.
  • mixed in the potatoes


The house smelled of curry while I was cooking this.  The scent was inviting and appetizing.  Although I didn't follow the directions, the dish turned out fine except for the beef which was still tough even after an hour of boiling.  The recipe called for peanuts which I skipped since we didn't have any.  I served this together with the Bacon Wrapped Asparagus which won hands down and was completely wiped out.      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...