Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Food Finds at a Thai Exhibit

Two Sundays ago we went to the SMX Convention Center in Mall of Asia.  We snagged several great deals at the Royal Summer Fest Sale.  The best were the 75 % discount on Reebok rubber shoes and 60 % discount on Rockport leather shoes.  After shopping, we explored the hall next door and walked through the booths at the 4th Thailand Trade Exhibition.

Our senses led us to the food booths and we sampled various teas, biscuits and juices including family fave Tipco.  We lounged around the Kanokwan booth the longest.  There were several shelves of condiments, seasonings and mixes.  

I was drawn to the different instant mixes which were being sold at P35 a pack or 3 packs for P100.  And if we purchased P300 worth of products, we would receive 1 free pack.  We took home the red, yellow, green and massaman curry paste, the aromatic grill chicken seasoning mix and the pad thai paste for the instant rice noodles.  I spotted this brand in Shopwise last week but they don't carry as many options.  


This P25 chilled Kokozo Melon Juice with Nata de Coco refreshed us while going around the exhibit.  It was mostly filled with Nata de Coco which mom and my husband's aunt loved.  Mom even bought some bottles at the grocery last week, same concept but a different brand.  I found it good and sweet but not exactly my cup of tea.

I also brought home this P50 carton of Lactasoy Chocolate Soymilk.  I still prefer regular milk but this soymilk wasn't that bad.  I guess I liked it because it was chocolate.  I took a sip of the strawberry flavored one but it wasn't to my liking.  One downside, as my sister pointed out, is that the brand sounds like a feminine product.

We went to Mall of Asia for shoes and came home with so much more.  I guess we'll be having Thai food for the next couple of months.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...