Thursday, March 1, 2012

Mega Food Sale - Dulcinea and Gumbo

Dulcinea's P98 churros all you can deal was the main reason I wanted to brave the Sunday morning parking hassle at Megamall.  Among all the promos at the Mega Food Sale last weekend, I was looking forward to this the most.  
Churros con Chocolate P98

Both the churros and piping hot chocolate were refillable from 2pm to 5pm.  The churros were served hot and crunchy but I could feel the oil as I bit into them.  After dunking several pieces of churros into that not so sweet chocolate, I started to feel full.  I couldn't resist asking for a chocolate refill and drinking the whole cup.  My chocolate and churros cravings were satisfied but I doubt I would do this again.  Maybe I'll get just that addicting hot chocolate.


Since Dulcinea's promo was during merienda time, we had lunch first and window shopped.  Although half price pizza deals, free desserts and appetizers were tempting, free seafood paella at Gumbo's was more enticing.  We got this Seafood Jambalaya for free for a minimum order of P500.  This dish was seasoned well and the seafood was fresh.  It was a meal in itself.
Ahh...Seafood Jambalaya Petite P425
New Orleans' answer to paella, with fresh mussels, Pacific clams, shrimps and calamari with andouillie sausages cooked with Cajun spiced long grain rice
We were served complimentary warm bread while waiting for our food.  We happily munched on them but the olive oil with garlic lacked seasoning.

The kiwi vinaigrette dressing of the Four Seasons salad was overwhelmingly sour but the sweetness of the fruits and the thin pieces of ham toned it down a bit.  
Four Seasons Grande P595
Crisp Romaine lettuce tossed with kiwi vinaigrette dressing.  Topped with fresh grapes, mandarin oranges, peaches, kiwi slices and strips of ham.
 

The Grilled Chicken Limone was the star of the meal.  Five huge slices of moist savory chicken were perfect with the tomatoes, capers, onions and the light creamy sauce.  I've never seen asparagus this long.  It covered the diameter of the serving platter.
Grilled Chicken Limone Grande P495
Marinated chicken breast, in herbs and spices, served on a bed of white sauce with steamed asparagus, topped with tomato salsa and lemon juice.

My Mega Food Sale experience was great but I wish I had the chance to sample even more stuff.  Maybe they should make it a week long event.  

--------------------
Dulcinea
4th Level SM Megamall Bridgeway
Julia Vargas Ave.
Mandaluyong City


Gumbo
2nd Level Mega Atrium Bldg.
SM Megamall
Julia Vargas Ave.
Mandaluyong City

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...