Thursday, March 22, 2012

Veggie Noodle Soup

It was a rainy and cold day today, the type of weather that makes you want to snuggle and hide under the covers.  I was craving for warm soup to soothe the chills.

I found a pack of instant rice noodles in our pantry and rummaged through the kitchen for other ingredients that I could throw into a boiling pot of soup stock.


What I used
  • about 150 grams rice noodles
  • 2 Knorr chicken seasoning cubes
  • water
  • McCormick Celery Flakes
  • McCormick Cilantro Leaves
  • Pepper
  • carrot, peeled and cut into bite sized pieces
  • green beans, ends snapped off and cut into bite sized pieces
  • pechay, cut into small pieces


What I did
  • cooked the rice noodles according to package directions. drained and set aside
  • boiled water and dissolved the chicken cubes. seasoned with celery flakes, cilantro leaves and pepper
  • added the carrot and green beans
  • mixed in the noodles when the vegetables were done
  • added the pechay


This was my first time to prepare noodle soup from scratch.  I used too much noodles and these Vietnamese rice noodles soaked up most of the broth.  


I would have used fresh basil leaves and bean sprouts had they been available.  For my next attempt, I shall add chicken or beef and make more soup stock.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...