Thursday, October 25, 2012

Maggi Magic Meals' Bicol Express


Have you seen the commercial where the wife comes home and whips up Bicol Express for dinner without changing out of her pretty dress?  It's been airing a lot lately and that catchy jingle has been stuck in my head as if urging me to just cook it already!  Maggi Magic Meals' Bicol Express Recipe Solutions has been sitting in our pantry for several weeks but it was just recently that we had pork belly (liempo) and baguio beans at the same time.




I just followed the instructions on the back of the sachet but used a little less than 1/4 cup of water.  Our rice cooker can cook up to 10 cups of rice but I cooked just 3 cups so there would be enough space.  We're heavy vegetable eaters so I cut up about 300grams of baguio beans which was maybe around 50 pieces.  I will add even more vegetables next time and maybe use pork pieces without fat.  I'm not sure how Bicol Express should taste like but this was pretty good.  Both the pork and vegetables absorbed the seasoning well and there was a hint of spice at the end.  Plus the aroma from this dish was very inviting.  I will be stocking up on Maggi Magic Meals' Bicol Express and check out the other recipe solutions too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...