Thursday, October 11, 2012

Legazpi Sunday Market


It's been ages since we've visited any morning weekend markets and hubby was craving for Legazpi markets' dalandan shake so one steady Sunday morning (well it was almost lunchtime already) we munched on different snacks from an assortment of stalls.  

Our usual strategy is to check out all our food options before we decide on what to buy.  I spotted the Thai Chicken Wrap (P95) of ang saWRAP! wraps and rolls and immediately ordered one.  One bite and I realized that I should have read the menu carefully.  I'm not a fan of peanut sauce and I had to pawn off most of this to my hubby.


I was totally drawn to the lovely aroma from Taqueria El Rey Tex-Mex Cuisine.  The owner was very friendly and accomodating.  I remember buying from him before but I don't recall what I had.  I got an order of Soft Tacos (P160) and picked the Carnitas and Fish.  Although both were really yummy, the meat lover in me preferred the Carnitas.       



Hubby's Pinoy Taco (P60) from Tacoholics was a bit on the sweet side but good nonetheless.

Monster Burger's Quarter Pounder (P90) was as juicy and delicious as I remembered from our Banchetto days.  The burger takes quite some time to be prepared but it's definitely worth the wait.

We also had some crunchy Okoy which was hard to devour without spilling some vinegar.

I forgot the name of the stall where we got these soft rolls.

I couldn't resist sampling Homemade Ice Cream's Coffee Chip (P85/cup) which was made from carabao's milk.  I loved the consistensy of the ice cream which had just the right amount of sweetness and a slight bitterness from the coffee.  They have other interesting flavors which I would like to come back for like Amaretto Choco Chip, Turtle Pie, Pastillas Tostado, Frozen Hot Choco, Apple Crumble and many more.

Since it was almost lunch, Pure and Fresh was already out of Dalandan Shake (which means we have another excuse to go back sometime soon).  We settled for an Apple Shake which was pretty ok.

On our next visit, we could try the rice dishes, the pad thai and that crepe stall.  I saw some cebu lechon, bagnet and a lot of other home cooked meals.  We should go earlier so we can catch the Dalandan shake and so it wouldn't be so hot.  

If you're thinking of spending a couple of hours at the Legazpi Sunday Market, be sure to wear comfortable clothes and footwear (although there are tables and chairs where you can sit down and eat), bring tissue and alcohol/hand sanitizer (in case you get your hands dirty from the yummy mess) and your reusable shopping bags (there are stalls selling native products, arts, handicrafts, fresh fruits and vegetables and so much more).

--------------------
Legazpi Sunday Market - Herrera cor. Legazpi St., Legazpi Vill., Makati City  

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I'm sure you'll find something you'll like. These are just a few of the many food options there.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...