Sunday, October 14, 2012

Sweet September


Here's a roundup of different treats from last month.  First up are these super adorable M&M's luggage tags and luggage straps which I spotted at True Value in Trinoma.  I know they aren't actual food but they were so cute I couldn't resist snapping a couple of photos.

Purple Oven's Chocolate Cake is to die for.  I can't wait for another occasion so I have an excuse to check out their other cakes.  Hubby isn't a dessert person but he helped himself to a second serving of mom's birthday cake.

One of my fave ice cream places is Sebastian's Ice Cream and my usual flavor is Up All Night which was out of stock.  We were looking forward to sampling the Maple Bacon Pancakes but they were sold out.  I settled for Cookie Dough which was good as usual.  My sister's S'mores Pizza needed a little cooling down.  I thought the fork was going to snap because the pie was too hard.  The pizza was ok but I would choose ice cream over this.

I'm glad we tried Seattle's Best's Red Velvet.  It was rich, filling and refreshing and there were chocolate bits we could chew on.  I hope they keep this on their menu.  The barista informed me that this was just a seasonal drink.

Apple Cinnamon Pancakes by my sister which we munched on with beef tapa.  I rarely nibble on fruits but this was pretty ok.  This would have been great with bacon too.

I've been eyeing the Koolstix stand for some time now.  I remember trying something like this in Greenhills years ago.  I got the Dark Barquillos stuffed with vanilla ice cream.  I had to devour this quickly so I wouldn't make a mess.  My curiosity was satisfied but my tastebuds.... not really.

Another Purple Oven Cake for my sister's birthday - Chocnut Pie.  Overall, this wasn't too sweet but the base/crust was bitter when eaten alone.  We loved this too but the chocolate lover in me has fallen for their Chocolate Cake.

I always thought that Chewy Junior was selling donuts.  I was surprised that they were actually cream puffs which were crispy on the outside but soft and chewy on the inside as advertised.  I liked the Almond Sweetheart more than the Cookies and Cream.

Merry Moo's Coffee Kahlua was both sweet and bitter.  I could hardly taste the Kahlua though.  They have other interesting flavors like Poprocks & Mallows, Strawberry Basil, Sea Salt Caramel and more.

And to cap off my sweet September treats, Chili Chocolate Macaron from Empire Macaron.  Lovely chocolate goodness in one bite with a little spicy kick at the end.  

6 comments:

  1. I gotta try Purple Oven's Chocolate Cake. It looks really sweet and decadent just the way we like it here at home :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by :) Where do you get your fave chocolate cake?

      Delete
  2. purple oven has chocnut pie?! oh my i wanna try!! love their choco cake too but my ultimate fave is their choco campfire cake :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Purple Oven Grandma's Chocolate Cake! :) Just tried the Maple Bacon Pancakes of Sebastian's but found it super sweet. I prefer the Filipino flavors more. :)


    http://www.dekaphobe.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's one of the best chocolate cakes i've ever tasted!

      my sister found it too sweet too. (the maple bacon)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...