Friday, March 23, 2012

Aria Cucina Italiana

The first and only time I was able to visit Boracay was over a decade ago and Aria Cucina Italiana wasn't around yet.  My sister the budget traveller allots one splurge meal on each of her trips and it's Aria for Boracay.  She was pretty excited when she found out that they were opening a branch in Manila.  She suggested that we try Aria for my parents' anniversary last month.
one of the interesting art pieces that adorned the walls

I was overwhelmed by their extensive menu and I could hardly pronounce the names of the dishes.  i ordered using the English descriptions.  Although the waiter was very helpful, I still can't remember how to say most of the things we ordered.


Hands down my favorite was the Filleti di pollo alla gorgonzola.  It doesn't look appetizing but it was really good.  The sauce was just divine and so were the mashed potatoes.
Filleti di pollo alla gorgonzola P490
chicken breast fillet escalope with marsala wine and gorgonzola sauce

The Penne Gamberetti e zucchine was light and flavorful.  The shrimps were soft and fresh.  You can choose between penne, spaghetti or fettucine for the pasta dishes.
Penne gamberetti e zucchine P390
shrimps and zucchine in lemon pesto sauce

The Pesce al cartoccio was buttery and herby but I couldn't figure out what the herbs were.
Pesce al cartoccio P450
a fish steak wrapped in herbs and oven baked to perfection

I loved my first try at gnocchi.  The bite size Gnocchi alla sorrentina were addicting.  
Gnocchi alla sorrentina P390
potato dumplings in a caper basil tomato salsa topped with mozzarella and gratinated in wood fire oven
 

I want to kick myself for not writing about this sooner.  Here are the other dishes we ordered but I can't remember how they tasted.
Fantasia di bruschette P235
fresh bread toasted and topped with garlic and oregano, tomato and basil, olives, capers and tomato
 

Fritto di calamari con maionese elle erbe P360
deep fried calamares served with an herbed mayonnaise dip

Capricciosa Wood Fire Oven Baked Pizza P580
fresh cherry tomatoes, artichokes, farmers ham, mushrooms, kalamata olives and mozzarella
We passed up on dessert since we felt like we had to walk off all the carbs we inhaled.  We roamed around Hi Street and went back to BHS Central for dessert at The Cake Club by Diamond Hotel.

Aria was still on soft opening last month.  There were no major disappointments but the visit wasn't exactly perfect as well.  I'm glad I was able to experience this with my family and we didn't have to go all the way to Boracay for this.  I might give this another shot in a couple of months or so.

--------------------
Unit NEUG 205 East Superblock
30th St. corner 7th St.
Bonifacio High Street Central
Bonifacio Global City

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...