Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Sumo Sam

Last year, I was hooked on surfing group buying websites.  I immediately grabbed the 50% voucher for Sumo Sam as soon as I spotted it.  Every time we're in Shangrila, my husband keeps saying that he wants to eat there again so the timing for the offer was perfect.  We dined there in November just before the voucher expired.

We started our meal with the Las Vegas Roll that had crabstick, scallops and melt in your mouth cheese.  

The Shoyu Ramen came in a jumbo bowl and is definitely meant for sharing. The pork broth was good and soothing.  The pork slices were soft and reminded me of ham.


The Green Chicken had a crispy and flavorful breading served with a sauce that tasted like Kikoman soy sauce with lots of calamansi.  I'm not sure what the green part was though.

The Bacon-wrapped Dory seems like something I can cook at home.  The fish was soft and fresh.  The bacon was soft too and glued to the fish.  I think the sauce was teriyaki sauce.

The Seafood Omelet Rice was our least favorite dish.  The serving was huge but the rice needed more seasoning.  


Overall, we were satisfied with our dining experience.  The waiters were very warm and attentive.  Would we go back?  Probably but it would be more likely if we had another deal from a group buying site.  With our huge appetites, prices are pretty steep and beyond our normal budget.

-------------------------------
Sumo Sam
6th Level Shangri-la Plaza Mall
EDSA cor. Shaw Blvd.
Mandaluyong City   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...