Friday, May 4, 2012

Crustasia

Crustasia's overall look is so visually inviting.  It gives you an outdoor feel indoors with the mismatched colorful chairs adorned with birds and flowers.  I love how they dressed up the place and spruced it up with little details.  Cool color scheme too. 





We had hits and misses on the food though.  We took advantage of the Citibank promo and availed of the Free Baked New Zealand Mussels with Mangoes and Shallots.

A regular order comes with 6 pieces and costs P355.  The free order was served with just 4 pieces.  Shouldn't the actual dish match the photo in the promo materials?  I thought the combination of the ingredients would be weird but it actually worked.  The mango wasn't too sweet and the rich melted cheese was such a pleasant experience in my mouth.   

We ordered Fried Shrimp Rolls for appetizer.  It was good and I liked how the rolls were not uniformly sized.  
Fried Shrimp Roll (Goong Hom Sabay) P225
Crispy shrimp spring roll with sweet chili dipping sauce

I didn't eat that much rice (dieting is not in my vocabulary) since I didn't enjoy the Wild Pineapple Chorizo Rice.  It looked so pretty but pineapples are just not for me.  I even pick off pineapples from my pizza and donate them to my husband.  Sweet rice just doesn't appeal to my tastebuds.
Wild Pineapple Chorizo Rice P198

The Green Vegetable Curry lacked seasoning.  All I could taste was the coconut milk.
Green Vegetable Curry P195
Farmer fresh mixed vegetables, Thai green curry, coconut milk, ginger, lemon grass, galangal, kaffir lime leaves, pineapple, basil and coriander  

We enjoyed the crispy Kung Pao Chicken which was a bit spicy but quite addicting.
Kung Pao Chicken P285
Sezchuan fried chicken, dried chilis, peanuts and kung pao sauce

The Steamed Lapu Lapu with Superior Soy was not worth the premium price we paid for it.  It was just ok.  The only plus points for this dish were that the waiter offered to debone it for us and the fish tasted fresh.  I guess steamed stuff just isn't our preference.
Steamed Lapu Lapu with Superior Soy P150/100g
Fresh lapu lapu, ginger, leeks, light soy sauce, oyster mushrooms

My favorite for this round was the Authentic Indonesian Satay.  We were so amazed at the presentation that we were thinking of copying the concept at home.  I couldn't distinguish the pork from the chicken or the beef but they were all soft and tender.  They could go without the sauce but I sprinkled on the black liquid that was served with it.  
Authentic Indonesian Satay P625/16 pcs
Chicken, beef and pork Javanese marinated skewers, peanut sauce, ABC Kecap Manis, fried shallots and cucumber salad  
I doubt that we will be coming back here anytime soon.  I was more impressed with the food styling and restaurant interiors than the actual food itself.

--------------------
Crustasia
6th Level Shangri-la Plaza mall
EDSA corner Shaw Boulevard 
Mandaluyong City

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...