Saturday, May 12, 2012

Pork Afritada


My tried and tested afritada recipe which I use for chicken or pork.  I adapted this from a Nora Daza cookbook but I don't note down the exact measurements.  I just adjust it to suit my tastebuds.

What I used
  • oil
  • garlic, peeled and minced
  • onions, peeled and diced
  • tomatoes, seeded and diced
  • around 500 grams pork pieces
  • about a spoonful of vinegar
  • 1 pack Del Monte tomato sauce
  • hot sauce
  • soy sauce
  • carrots, peeled and cut into cubes
  • potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
  • red and green bell peppers, cored, seeded and cut into triangles


What I did
  • heated a little oil in the pan then sauteed the onions and garlic.  once fragrant, added the tomatoes
  • browned the pork
  • added the vinegar and let it boil (without stirring)
  • mixed in the tomato sauce
  • seasoned with soy sauce and hot sauce
  • mixed in the carrots then the potatoes
  • once the veggies were cooked, turned off the heat and threw in the bell peppers


I like my sauce thick and tasty but you can add water and seasonings if you want more sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...