Tuesday, September 11, 2012

King Crab House


My first visit to King Crab was sometime in November of last year and we filled up one of the round tables.  We just came from Duty Free and we were famished from walking around.  We ordered up a storm and sampled several different dishes.  Although I can no longer remember with absolute certainty the exact names of the dishes and how they faired, I recall immensely enjoying that meal.


What I distinctly remember though is the rich flavor of the sticky King Crab Rice in Pot which is best taken in small amounts since it can be overwhelming.

The crab was fresh and very much alive.

The Crab Fuyong was pretty good too.

Our spread included a beef dish, another rice dish, a broccoli and seafood dish and some noodles.




So a couple of weeks ago, hubby and I were picking up someone from the airport.  We weren't sure of the traffic situation so we left early and searched for a place to kill time.  We  cruised around the area and spotted King Crab so we decided to have dinner there.  The aircon was in full swing and I was feeling under the weather so I didn't complain when hubby suggested The Birdsnest With Crabmeat Soup.  The warm, flavorful soup was really soothing.  It was exactly what I needed.  The soup was so good that we actually finished that huge bowl.    
Birdsnest with Crabmeat Soup P300

We were told that their servings were for sharing but when the Salt and Pepper Spareribs landed on our table we knew we had to get something else.  I had to carefully sort out the peppers since I couldn't handle the heat.  I enjoyed the spareribs despite the kick.
Salt and Pepper Spareribs P280

The Hot Prawns Salad should be renamed fruit salad with shrimps.  I think there were only 6-8 pieces of shrimps underneath all that.  The mayo based sauce was too sweet and there was a lot of fruits which I do not eat.
Hot Prawns Salad P400

After rummaging through my photos from last year, I realized that the 3 dishes we ordered this time around were part of last year's feast as well.  I should really take note of our restaurant adventures so we won't get the same things we weren't fully satisfied with.  I would still come back to King Crab but with a bigger group so we can order the King Crab Rice in Pot, the Crab Fuyong and the Birdsnest with Crabmeat Soup again and sample even more dishes.  It would take a special occasion for me to come back though since the food is pretty pricey for the portions they serve.

--------------------    
King Crab House, 707-1 Ninoy Aquino Ave. (beside Duty Free Philippines), Bgy. Sto. Niño, Parañaque City  

4 comments:

  1. The King Crab Rice Pot looks delicious, will check this place soon. And thanks for following my site!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been meaning to try out this place every time we pass by near Duty Free but was always a bit hesitant. But after seeing the amazing looking King Crab Rice Pot, will definitely check it out :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...