Sunday, September 9, 2012

Random Food Bites - August 2012


Here's another round up of various food and beverages that touched my lips and settled into my tummy.

My favorite chocolate mint munchies - Pepperidge Farm's Milano Mint Cookies.

McDonald's Big N Tasty or the big and messy burger is what I've been craving lately.  I like the smoky sauce and the generous helping of veggies.

Twister Fries have resurrected and I plan on enjoying them while they last.

Our friends prepared home cooked Crispy Pata with matching dipping sauce during a drinking session with hubby's best men and the "lucky wives".  

Cambodian dish Beef Lok Lak which I whipped up at home.  I paired it with a salad drizzled with store bought deep roasted sesame dressing.

The worst Clubhouse Sandwich I've ever tasted.  Mostly mayo.  Will stick to ordering chicken at Max's.

Ineng's Pork BBQ still tastes so good but 2 sticks didn't quite cut it for me.  I was still hungry after consuming this.

Warm taho from Taho Boy, the cup is sealed and you sip it with a straw.  I preferred the original flavor over the Buco Pandan and Almond.

Sour cream fries, mini tacos and corndog from DADS merienda buffet.  This is usually my first plate together with a shawarma.

The Beef with Tomato and Mushrooms Rice from Lido was very soft and seasoned well.  It's like devouring a Beef Broccoli dish but the broccoli is substituted with mushrooms and fresh tomatoes.

Meal in One is a corned beef oven baked pasta dish which our family has been enjoying for decades.  The recipe has been passed down from my maternal grandmother.

Krispy Kreme's Snickers Classic is too sweet for me.  

I liked the Dark Chocolate Iced Birthday Doughnut much better since the chocolate wasn't as sweet.  I love how pretty the donut looked.

I indulged in a snack of Lil' Orbits Cinnamon and Mocha donuts while I was waiting for my husband.  I rationalized that I would order 2 flavors and leave some for him.  They're still as good as I remember but the Cinnamon flavored ones are way better.

We switched up our coffee and started stocking up on Kopiccino by Kopiko.  Chocolate and coffee addicts will like this.

We finally tasted Cafeteria Verde's Cauliflower Fritters and we will surely order this again.

My Pork Chopsuey recipe can be found here.

Shopwise Libis strategically positioned their roasting station near the escalators leading up to the second floor.  Just one whiff of that fragrant chicken will make you want to take some home with you.  The Mexican Chicken won me over although some parts needed more seasoning.  The peppery taste of the Pepper Chicken was too overwhelming and I couldn't take the heat.  The  brown sauce (not in photo) is a bit too sweet for my tastebuds.

And to wrap it all up, my all time favorite drink from Happy Lemon - Cocoa with Rock Salt and Cheese!
   

2 comments:

  1. Share the corned beef pasta recipe pls :) i love koppicino too! Try Taho Bar's taho.. The flavored ones are so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks for the interest in the corned beef pasta but I'm really sorry but they want to keep it within the family.

      Where is Taho Bar?

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...