Monday, April 30, 2012

Lido Cocina Tsina


Lido Cocina Tsina has become one of our go to places for quick, affordable and tasty Chinese food.  The nearest branch is just a few minutes drive from our place.  Here's a rundown of what we have tried so far.

The Eight Treasure Soup is always on the table.  We loved it from the first time we tasted it that we have never bothered to try the other soup dishes.  The only downside is the abundance of soft tofu.  I like my tofu crisp and crunchy so I pawn off most of the tofu to my husband.
Eight Treasure Soup Mucho P155

Eight Treasure Soup Solo P78

The Spareribs in Salt and Pepper Rice has a distinct smell and taste that screams Chinese cooking.  I'm not sure what spice or seasoning they use but we liked it.  
Spareribs in Salt and Pepper Rice P155

Mom always ordes the Fish Fillet Tauho with Taosi Rice.
Fish Fillet Tauho with Taosi Rice P140

The Sizzling Chicken Sate has a rich and flavorful sauce but this is nothing like the satays that are served in skewers with peanut sauce.
Sizzling Chicken Sate (served with garlic rice) P135

The Sweet and Sour Fish Fillet Rice is a bit sweet for my liking.
Sweet and Sour Fish Fillet Rice P145

The Braised Beef Brisket Rice is good too.  The meat is soft and the vegetables are crisp.
Braised Beef Brisket Rice P155

Drunken Lechon Macau Rice intrigued me.  I couldn't exactly put my finger on it but I just didn't like it.... must be the wine or spices.
Drunken Lechon Macau Rice P165
60 hour cured pork belly, immersed in premium wine and spices.  Served with vegetables in brown sauce and steamed rice. 

I didn't fall in love with their house specialty, Pugon Roasted Asado.  It was just ordinary ham to me but what do I know since I rarely order asado dishes.
Pugon Roasted Asado P267

The Yangchow Fried Rice was average.
Yangchow Fried Rice Mucho P205

We liked the crunchy Buttered Chicken but we bit into a few small bones.
Buttered Chicken P240

My husband and mom enjoyed the Crispy Tofu in Chinese Vinegar but the tofu was still too soft for me.
Crispy Tofu in Chinese Vinegar P65

The smile on my face disappeared when I saw the 4 lonely pieces on my order of Shrimp Ball Rice.  But it quickly returned when I tasted the crisp breading and the tightly packed shrimp which I dipped in their sweet and sour sauce.  It was surprisingly good.  It tasted way way better than how it looked.
Shrimp Ball Rice P145


We have yet to sample their noodle dishes, 16 Spice Shantung Pork, 3 Cups Chicken and a whole lot more.    

--------------------
Lido Cocina Tsina by Panciteria Lido
Ortigas Avenue Extension
in front of Mitsubishi Motors
Cainta, Rizal  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...