Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Ling Nam

We wrapped up our Good Friday get together in Banawe.  Since we were a large group, we settled for the first restaurant that had ample parking space.  We had a hearty dinner in Ling Nam.  

My only memory of Ling Nam was a fastfood joint in the basement of Shoppesville in Greenhills.  I may have eaten there just once or twice and I can't recall what we had.  We ordered up a storm of Chinese fare.  

My favorite was the Eggplant Ala King (P240/8pcs), a breaded eggplant and seafood dish served with a creamy dip that tasted like mayonnaise.  This fried creation was good even without the sauce.


I liked the Lemon Chicken (P255) too but I preferred the pieces that weren't coated with a lot of sauce which was overwhelming and a tad sweet.

Another crowd pleaser was the Fish Fillet w/ Tofu & Taosi Sauce in Hotpot (P285).  The fish pieces were wiped out.  The sauce was just right.

The Yang Chow Rice (P190) was ok.

The Pork Siomai (P60/2pcs) and Hakaw (P120) were average.


I didn't try the humongous Asado Siopao (P60) but they said that it could use more filling.    


The Hot and Sour Soup (P480 good for 12) was too sour for my liking.

Chicken Feet (P110) were on the table as well.  

We over ordered and there was a lot of leftovers.  Service was a bit slow and the airconditioning wasn't strong enough to keep us comfortable.  The fish and eggplant dishes are the only things I would order again if I ever go back.  

--------------------
Ling Nam
765 Banawe Street
Quezon City

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...