Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Abe

It's been ages since I've eaten at Abe and I was pretty happy that the Binukadkad na Pla Pla and Paco Fern and Tomato Salad were still as good as when I first tasted them years ago.

The well seasoned fish was good on its own but when wrapped in the mustasa leaves and combined with the shrimp paste it was a whole new experience in my mouth.  I ate most of my fish with just the shrimp paste and rice and it was really delicious.  We were so amazed by the butterflied fish that mom said she would try to recreate it at home.  
Binukadkad na Pla Pla P395
A Bistro Remedios original, overgrown tilapia butterflied and fried to delightful crispiness, served with balo balo relish (Capampangan delicacy of salted rice and shrimp paste) and mustasa leaves


The salad was light and I loved the mixture of the acidity and the sweetness of the dressing that I used it for my fish as well.
Paco Fern and Tomato Salad P155
Young rainforest fern with tomato in a light salad dressing.

I always thought that Puchero was a tomato based dish so I wasn't too pleased when the huge bowl of soup arrived.  The broth was really good and a bit sweet, the vegetables were crisp, the chorizo was tasty and the meat was very tender.
Nanay's Puchero P375
Alya Honasan "Mom boils leftover Christmas ham bits and bones in the broth to make it more yummy."


This is the serving basket for the unlimited plain rice.
Unlimited Plain Rice P62

We enjoyed our dining experience at Abe.  The food was really good and the servers were on their toes.  The view was a plus factor too.  The prices were a bit much though.


*Service charge is 8.93%

--------------------
Abe
2nd Floor Entertainment Section, SM Mall of Asia
Bay City, Pasay City

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...