Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Beef Lok Lak

I finally tried one of the Cambodian spices my sister brought home for me.


What I used
  • around 600 grams of beef strips
  • 4 teaspoons of Artisanat d'Ángkor Lok Lak spice for the marinade
  • about 2 teaspoons of oil for the marinade
  • 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
  • 2 tablespoons of oyster sauce
  • 2 tablespoons of tomato ketchup
  • 8 cloves of garlic, crushed
  • 2 white onions, chopped
  • oil for frying
  • juice from 1 lime plus 2 teaspoons of Artisanat d'Angkor Lok Lak spice for the dipping sauce


What I did
  • combined the Lok Lak spice, oil, soy sauce, oyster sauce and garlic then added the beef and marinated it for around an hour in the ref
  • heated some oil in a wok and browned the onions
  • stir fried the beef until done
  • served with rice and the dipping sauce


This beef dish was very addicting even without the dipping sauce but the dipping sauce added a different element to the dish.  I love the peppery flavor of the beef and the rich taste of the sauce.  When I run out of the Lok Lak spice, I'll try to substitute salt and pepper in the marinade mixture.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...