Friday, September 7, 2012

Vikings

For my husband's birthday, we went on an impromptu dinner trip to Vikings in Mall of Asia.  We wanted to take advantage of their birthday promo.  If you dine there on your actual birthday, you get to eat for free.  You just have to bring along 1 full paying adult and flash an ID showing your birthdate.  We thought we would be able to snag a table since it was not even 6pm yet on a weeknight.  We had to wait a gruelling hour and a half to be seated (While on the road, we kept calling to reserve a table but failed miserably).

I was pretty pleased with the appetizer spread and beelined for the cold cuts and cheese.  I didn't regret sampling the bread appetizers even if they were filling me up quickly.

The sushi, sashimi and makis were ok but I've had better.

I loved the oysters and the fresh sweet shrimps which I would have eaten more of had they been peeled already.


The grilled dishes and steaks were good.

I liked the eggplant, the hainanese rice was average, the breaded crab was not to my liking and the peking duck was ok.

We went for second servings of the cheesecake and the chocolate goodies.  There was a whole range of sweets and ice cream but we were too full at this point.  There was a crepe station too.

The buffet came with bottomless drinks which you can get from these containers.  Hubby liked the dalandan juice although a bit diluted.  I helped myself to the iced coffee which was pretty good.  There was beer, hot coffee and tea as well.

Cute table number.

Interesting wash area.

Vikings has a very wide range of dishes that can be confusing and intimidating but if you want a lot of options then this place is for you.  I wasn't able to try a lot of dishes since I was way too full.  I would definitely go back for the oysters, shrimps, steaks, mini cakes and iced coffee.  And I will remember to make a reservation to avoid the long wait.

--------------------
Vikings, Bldg. B San Miguel by the Bay, Seaside Blvd., SM Mall of Asia, Pasay City

2 comments:

  1. Haven't tried this yet (since it's far from my place) but I hope they'll open the Vikings Jumbo Buffet in SM Marikina soon. :)

    http://www.dekaphobe.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. suspense yung SM Marikina opening, still no date in their fb page!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...