Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Another Food Trip at Il Mercanti


Aside from accessibility and free parking, we keep coming back to Metrowalk's Il Mercanti Food Bazaar for the food of course.  I was intrigued by the AlaBang Salpicao of Panggo's Grill which is actually Alaminos Bangus cooked like salpicao.  It was so fragrant and a great substitute for beef.  This is something I would definitely go back for but I would request for a milder version with less peppers.  

I couldn't resist munching on fish balls, squid balls and kwek-kwek from this food stall which was selling bbq and all sorts of stuff for grilling.

Hubby went for Glomy's Empanada Special which had monggo, papaya, egg and longganisa.  We really like the Vigan empanada from Tiendesitas so this Batac empanada caught our attention.  This was good too but it was challenging eating it with vinegar while trying not to make a mess.  I would probably get this again but for take out instead. 

One of the best shawarmas I've ever tasted from a stall I can't recall.  How I wish I went around and took a photo.

I'm sure we'll be revisiting Il Mercanti in the coming months or maybe even weeks.  We have yet to try the mexican food, sushi, roast beef etc. as our stomachs can only accomodate so much.

If you're thinking of dropping by do read about our past food trips here and here.  Please take note of their new schedule as well as they have changed their operating hours for Friday and Saturday to 5PM to 3AM.  

--------------------
Il Mercanti Food Bazaar, Metrowalk Parking Area, Meralco Ave., Ortigas Center, Pasig City  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...