Friday, August 24, 2012

Cafeteria Verde

I had a very unpleasant experience with vegetarian food years ago so I make a conscious effort to stay away from them.  It was so bad that I couldn't even force myself to finish my meal.  I was pretty hesitant to try Cafeteria Verde but I gave in to my sister.  She rarely eats vegetables and fruits but she enjoyed the dishes from this restaurant.

My Tomato-Garlic Spaghetti was rich in flavor.  The absence of meat or seafood from the pasta was tolerable.  The dish was aromatic and heightened my appetite.
Tomato-Garlic Spaghetti P99
Al dente spaghetti noodles cooked in olive oil, tomatoes and garlic

My sister was looking forward to Cauliflower Fritters (she recently developed a liking to broccoli) but they ran out so she settled for Zucchini Sticks.  I wouldn't mind munching on these instead of lumpiang shanghai or even cheese sticks.  It must be the yummy tomato sauce and the fact that these were fried.
Zucchini Sticks P79
Herb crusted zucchini sticks served with rich tomato sauce

Paad Thai was what my mom initially wanted but they were not available either.  She opted for the value meal with the Snack-size Mozzarella Panini and the Bean and Cheese Taquitos.  Her panini was nothing great and the taquitos were just fine.  The purple colored Taquitos didn't look too appetizing.
Value Meal D P99
Snack-size Mozzarella Panini - w/ tomatoes and basil
2 pcs Bean & Cheese Taquitos - beans and sharp cheddar cheese 

wrapped in flour tortilla, served w/ homemade salsa and aioli
12oz Fruit Slush of the Day

Hubby's Veggie Burger Sliders were surprisingly good and something I would order in the future.  The patty had a bit of a crunch.  I wouldn't have known that these were made of mushrooms and tofu had I not browsed through the menu.
Veggie Burger Slider (2pcs) P79
Mini burgers made of mushroom and tofu patties

Dad had a Veggie Burger and Zucchini Sticks value meal.  It's best to avail of their value meals so you can try different things plus each order comes with a 12oz Fruit Slush of the Day which can be upgraded to a shake.  I wasn't able to take note of their drinks but I loved my mango shake.  I didn't hear any complaints about their beverages either.  And did I mention that Cafeteria Verde and Big Chill are owned by the same company?

I'm glad my sister shared this gem of a find with us.  My reluctance to try vegetarian food has lessened.  I would love to go back for a snack or two and drink up more fruit shakes.  Food portions aren't that huge so this may not satisfy growling tummies for lunch or dinner especially if you have a pretty hefty appetite like I do.

-----------------
Cafeteria Verde 3rd Floor Robinsons Galleria Sports Loop, EDSA cor. Ortigas Ave., Quezon City

4 comments:

  1. my family ordered take out yesterday. the cauliflower fritters were good too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to try Cafe Verde but I'm a bit hesitant since it's vegetarian. Based on your post I think I may enjoy it myself. I'm really curious with those Zucchini Sticks :)

    www.yedylicious.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...