Sunday, August 5, 2012

Random Food Bites - June and July 2012

I know I have completely neglected this blog for several weeks.  I want to write again... I will write again.  There were a lot of celebrations during the last two months so I have a lot of catching up to do.  I've sorted through my files and organized my photos and I will start posting stuff in the coming days or weeks.  In the meantime, I shall leave you with a random collection of food bites.

First up is the lovely dessert table during my cousins wedding.  Bizu's macarons are to die for.  I was so full from the super yummy dinner that I was barely able to squueze in 2 or 3 chocolate desserts from this spread.  I want to eat at Bizu and get more of the ravioli and the fish dish.  I regret not taking photos of the buffet.  Everything was exceptionally good.    

Addicting chocolates from S&R, we really loved the KitKat which was gone in just a few days.  Both taste better after being refrigerated.

My sinigang na pork ribs is perfect for the gloomy weather we've been having the past couple of weeks.  We just had this again last Friday.

Le Ching's spareribs rice is something I look forward to each time I'm in Greenhills.  My ultimate favorite dish from that resto.

We had Lydia's Lechon and Dinuguan (which didn't photograph great) one Sunday at my sister in law's place.  I don't usually put sauce on my lechon but this time around I just had to since the pieces we got were a bit dry.  The Dinuguan was thick and creamy and tasted just right.  

The Pancit Malabon from Lola Idang's in White Plains was really good but it seemed like the noodles were undercooked, a bit hard to chew and felt more like spaghetti.  We also had Dinuguan, Lumpiang Shanghai, Tokwa't Baboy and Sago Gulaman for merienda but the pancit was the one I liked best.    

Cute sizzling plate at Buddy's.  The Pork Sisig was pretty salty but the Pancit Lucban was perfect.

Sushi heaven at Dads.  Check out their new rolls.

Yummy Bibingka also at Dads.  

The skin of Chowking's Crispy Fried Chicken was really crispy and crunchy and the meat was juicy.  Stay away from this if you don't eat chicken skin as the pieces I got were mostly skin.

I never liked tomato juice so I was hesitant to try Tipco.  One of my fave flavors is Mixed Veggie.  For something that's healthy, this tastes pretty good.

Kamameshi Rice at Sambo Kojin is the bomb!  And did you notice that we grilled mostly bacon/beef wrapped goodies?

I don't like Halo-Halo but I love Razon's version minus the macapuno which I substitute with more bananas.  When we were kids and everyone else was eating halo-halo, I would make mine with crushed ice, milk and sugar.  At least now I eat the bananas and leche flan haha.  When I'm craving for something salty with Razon's Halo-Halo, I order the Pancit Luglug.  Hubby loves the Puto and Dinuguan.

We spotted these interesting looking tubes of McCormick Bread Spreads at the grocery and decided to try all three flavors.  I liked the Pesto the best then the Herb Parmesan.  The Garlic flavored spread was so so.  I prefer to eat these on hot bread or pandesal.

And last but not the least, I leave you with my chicken veggie stew.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...