Friday, June 1, 2012

Random Food Bites - May 2012

Instead of preparing several short posts, I compiled several dishes in one article.  Here goes...  

S&R's huge salad can surely satisfy my belly for lunch or dinner.  I like their pizzas, burgers and hotdogs too but I have gravitated towards the salad recently.

I usually order Chicken ala King at French Baker unless I feel more adventurous and want to try something else.  Its light and creamy and oh so yummy.

Would you believe that I tried Manang's Chicken just last month?  I enjoyed the first crunchy bites of the skin and the moist chicken but halfway through the meal I was just going through the motions of eating.  Nakakasawa siya (the English translation escapes me at the moment).  I got an order of coleslaw just in case I couldn't handle the heat.  Forget ordering the coleslaw and drown your sorrows in something else.  It just wasn't good.  

One of my husband's best men celebrated his birthday with an intimate gathering with a few officemates and their spouses.  His wife's seafood pasta was the bomb! (note to self - ask her for the recipe)  The crabs were cooked in 2 ways and I ate the ones with the garlic.  The spicy crabs were too spicy for me.  Oh and there was liempo too!

We were at Medical City to visit the Salvadors who just welcomed the newest addition to their family.  We were disappointed that the mongolian stall was no longer there.  The Pan Fried Chicken Inasal of Rice in a Box caught my attention.  Too bad it was totally tasteless.

The broth of Basta Pasta's Sinigang na Salmon was really good.  I helped my self to several spoonfuls from my husband's order.  The sourness of the soup was just right.

I loved this eggplant dish from Goto King.  It was full of flavor and very filling.

A merienda of Buddy's Pancit Lucban brought fond memories of instant pancit parties, birthday celebrations and endless overtime sessions with my old officemates.  The pancit on its own is already good but adding vinegar and even more sauce elevates the dish to a whole new level.

S&R's US Apple Strudels are really addicting.  These were served at a family get together out of town.  I bet these would really taste heavenly if they were heated up.

My lola's prawns were super delicious.  Their whole house smelled of garlic, but in a very inviting way.  


My default order when I visit Le Ching.  Nothing else comes close to their spareribs rice.


I prefer these Sour Cream and Cheese flavored Tortillos over the regular red ones.  Warning though they are pretty salty and cheesy.


My mom received these as a pasalubong from a friend.  I took small bites of each and totally loved the Tiramisu and Chocolate Souffle.  I didn't enjoy the Key Lime filling.  



I still have a lot of restaurants and recipes to write about which I will hopefully get around to finishing very soon.  In the meantime, I shall leave you with this picture.  The small mango was from my lola's backyard.  I forgot where the jumbo mango came from but it was a gift to my aunt.

--------------------
S&R, 32nd Street, 5th Avenue, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City
Manang's Chicken, Food Choices, Glorietta 4, Ayala Center, Makati City
French Baker, G/F Bldg. B SM Megamall, EDSA corner Julia Vargas Avenue, Ortigas Center, Mandaluyong City
Rice in a Box, The Medical City, Foodcourt, Ortigas Avenue, Pasig City
Basta Pasta, The Medical City, Foodcourt, Ortigas Avenue, Pasig City
Goto King, The Medical City, Foodcourt, Ortigas Avenue, Pasig City
Buddy's Pancit Lucban, Timog Ave. cor. Scout Ybardaloza, Quezon City
Le Ching Too Ground Floor Shoppesville, Greenhills Shopping Center San Juan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...