Monday, June 4, 2012

J.Co Donuts & Coffee

Back in the 90s, my mom used to hand carry boxes of Krispy Kreme Doughnuts from the States.  The only pasalubong I requested for were the sinfully delicious Original Glazed Doughnuts.  I was ecstatic when some genius brought the franchise to Manila.  During its first few months of operations, our ref was almost always stocked with those goodies.

Fast forward to 2012, J.Co Donuts made its way to Manila.  It started in Indonesia and has branches in Malaysia and Singapore.  I didn't need much convincing when my sister suggested we check out their first store in Megamall.

The Alcapone was my favorite among all the 5 donuts we tried.  I loved the almonds but the Alcapone is something I would take in moderation as it is pretty sweet.  The Crunchy Crunchy was just ok.  
ALCAPONE
  our signature soft bite topped with Belgian white chocolate and a sprinkling of roasted almond slices
 CRUNCHY CRUNCHY
get a fantastic bite from these chocolate covered donuts with crunchy chocolate rice crispies on top

The Donna Italiano was sweet and creamy.
DONNA ITALIANO
Bellissima!  Her smooth mocha filling complements her creamy Italian chocolate topping quite sensationally

The Oreology was fine but the Green Tease just wasn't for my taste buds.  My sister warned me that I wouldn't like it (since I'm not fond of tea, especially green tea) but I bit into it just the same.
OREOLOGY
GREEN TEASE
get caught in the white chocolate web of green tease -- a refreshingly light and tasty green tea treat

J.Co has an extensive but interesting beverage list which left me undecided for a few minutes.  I settled for the Cappuccino Chip Frappe which was good.  Mom's Mochabella Frappe was yummy too.  My sister enjoyed her Iced Thai Tea.  I fell in love with Dad's Chocomint Frappe and I'm really curious how the Tiramisu and Avocado drinks taste.  
CAPPUCCINO CHIP FRAPPE
ICED THAI TEA

There are still a lot of donut flavors that I would love to sample but I'm reserving that for a bulk purchase.  Each donut is P42 but you save more if you buy more, 2 dozen donuts ring up to just P550.  Krispy Kreme has a similar pricing strategy and I was really grateful when lola bought 2 dozens on one of her visits and shared some with me.


--------------------
J.Co Donuts & Coffee The Strip, SM Megamall Building B, Julia Vargas Avenue, Mandaluyong City

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...