Friday, June 15, 2012

Lugang Cafe

We had our flu shots last May and decided to celebrate Mothers Day early since my sister in law's family were going out of town for an office teambuilding.  The first thing I noticed when I stepped into Lugang Cafe were the magnificent chandeliers and the lush seating areas.



I loved the massive wooden doors at the entrance too.

As we settled down, my 2 year old niece was presented with her own table set up.  I was able to snag a quick photo before she started playing with them.

We got Stewed Pig Feet Slices (P180) which sent chills down my spine.  I don't enjoy fat unless its crispy.

The Steamed Pork Xiao Long Bao (P188) was more to my liking.  Ever since my sister in law introduced us to Xiao Long Bao, we always order it when its on the menu.

The Cantonese Mushroom Stir-fried Noodles (P320) and the Mixed Mushrooms with X.O. Sauce (P280) looked much better in the menu photos but their taste did not disappoint.  


They loved the Taiwanese Tofu Clay Pot with Pork (P260).  If you've been reading my past entries, I always say that I don't like soft tofu.

The Three-Cup Chicken (P290) was awesome.  It tasted really good but you have to be careful as you might bite into small bones.

My favorite in this spread was the crunchy and tasty Taiwanese Salt and Pepper Shrimp (P380).  I will definitely order this again.

We preferred the Golden Fried Rice with Shredded Pork (P220) over the Black Pepper Beef Fried Rice (P220) since the latter did not exactly complement our saucy orders.


This serving dish reminded me of an unassembled chinese take out box.

Mom and Lola enjoyed their P130 Coke w/ Kumquat (Chinese Calamansi).

My Iced Fruit Tea (P130) was a real thirst quencher.  Lovely glass too!

The rest of the fam liked their Lemonade and Iced Milk Tea with Coffee Jelly.

I'm glad we didn't pass up on dessert.  The Bellagio Breeze (P248) was  such a sight.  I'm thankful that the Lugang staff offered to serve us.  Careless little me would have created a mess.  We requested that the milk be served on the side.


We enjoyed our meal and the lush interiors of Lugang Cafe.  I loved going through their photo album of a menu.  It gives you an idea of what you're getting and takes out the hassle of reading through endless food descriptions.  

Oh and did I mention that we bumped into hubby's boss who generously footed the bill.  Thank you sir for the sweet surprise.

-------------------
Lugang Cafe, 115 Connecticut St., Northeast Greenhills, San Juan

2 comments:

  1. haven't tried lugang :( That belagio breeze looks really good! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My family enjoyed it. I can't vouch for it since I didn't taste it. They have other desserts similar to this too.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...