Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Crystal Jade La Mian Xiao Long Bao

I'm a Xiao Long Bao (Steamed Soupy Pork Dumpling) virgin.  
My sister in law was surprised that I have never tasted it so that was the first thing we ordered at Crystal Jade.  The delicate dumpling was oozing with flavor and bursting with soupy goodness.  

We had Corn Soup, Radish Pastry and Drunken Chicken Marinated with Chinese Wine and Wolfberry for starters.  I didn't have any soup because I was feeling hot already.  The Radish Pastry was very different from the way I love to munch on my radishes in sinigang but I enjoyed it nonetheless.  We didn't care much for the Drunken Chicken which was served cold.  The taste didn't appeal to us and it was the last dish that was wiped out.

The Yang Chow Fried Rice was just ordinary.

The Sauteed Sliced Pork with Assorted Capsicum and Bean Paste was served with pancakes.  It was just ok.

The Sauteed Chicken with Cashew Nuts in Spicy Sauce which came with pancakes also wasn't that spicy.  

The highlight of the meal was the Deep-fried Garoupa in Sweet and Sour Sauce.  It was one whole fish that was fried before the sauce was added.  The sauce had just the right combination of sweetness and sourness.  I really regret not taking a quick photo before everyone dug in.  

----------------------------------------------
Crystal Jade La Mian Xiao Long Bao
Virra Mall
Greenhills Shopping Center
San Juan       

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...