Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Beef and Veggies in Mushroom Sauce



A semi successful experiment.  I had no idea what to cook one night.  So I just mixed in some ingredients together.  


What I used

  • beef for stewing
  • 1 can cream of mushroom
  • 1 can button mushrooms, reserve the liquid, slice mushrooms in half
  • baguio beans, sliced diagonally
  • carrots, peeled and cut up
  • red bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut into triangles
  • green bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut into triangles
  • vegetable oil
  • salt and pepper

What I did

  • browned the beef in vegetable oil.  seasoned with salt and pepper.
  • poured in the cream of mushroom.  let it boil for about an hour.  kept adding the liquid from the canned mushrooms.
  • added the carrots and baguio beans.
  • when everything was almost done, I place in the mushrooms and bell peppers.
  • gave it one last stir and turned off the heat.

This dish reminded me of tenderloin tips but there was something missing.  I couldn't quite put my finger on it.  The combination of the ingredients was perfect. (Love your own!)  I enjoyed the crunch of the vegetables and the thick creamy sauce.  Remind me to boil the meat longer next time.  Some pieces of beef were too tough and had to be cut with a knife.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...