Saturday, September 17, 2011

A Cars Themed Kiddie Party

I will always remember JJ's 1st birthday party for the uberly delicious Chinese food.

The adults were treated to an overflowing buffet of yang chow fried rice, savory noodles, a beef dish with vegetables in oyster sauce, a fish and tofu dish and a pork dish.  There was a chocolate dessert and fruit dessert.  There was spaghetti, barbecue and fried chicken for the kids.  I wish I had taken photos of the delectable dishes but I was kinda shy and we were already hungry. 


We snacked on flavored fries, fish balls, kikiam and ice cream before the buffet was opened.  We also had our pictures taken at the photo booth.

The host, balloon twister and game master was very entertaining and full of energy.  Our table was so competitive and supported our kids in most of the games.  Our 6 year old eager participant bagged a lot of prizes.    

The venue was decorated with brightly colored cloth, balloons and paraphernalia from Disney Pixar's movie Cars.  

There were 2 cupcake towers with Cars themed toppers and pictures of the celebrant.












After all the festivities and the candle blowing ceremony, we were invited to sample the cute cupcakes.  I picked out best friends Lightning McQueen and Mater.

I beelined for the chocolate cupcake.  It was soft and moist.  The icing wasn't so sweet.  Although hubby and I were sharing both cupcakes, I begged for a bigger share of the chocolate one.  I wasn't sure what the flavor of the other one was but it was light and not too sweet.  It was overshadowed though by my love for anything chocolate.        

It was refreshingly awesome to catch up with my friends again after almost a year.  I just hope the next reunion wouldn't take as long.


More pictures here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...