Monday, September 5, 2011

Our Birthday Spread

For as long as I can remember, my birthday was always a big deal.  I share the same birthday with my lolo (grandfather) who celebrates it with the entire family every year. There's always a dinner or lunch with the whole clan at one of the restaurants or at my tito's (uncle) house.  


This year was supposed to be extra special.  We were all set for a weekend vacation in the summer capital of the Philippines.  We were looking forward to bonding sessions in the cool Baguio breeze and revisiting tourist spots.  Too bad we had to cancel our trip because of Typhoon Falcon.  My nieces and nephews were crushed and so were the not so little kids.  

Since most of our food supplies were already purchased by the advance team, dinner was at my tito's (uncle) house.     

Caesar salad love!

Rice, pasta, corn on the cob and mashed potatoes.

Iberian chicken and a pork dish.

Fresh crunchy veggies and grilled prawns.

Fruits and pastries for dessert.  There was some brazo de mercedes and it was a race to get the cake ends as soon as it landed on the table. 

A lot of picture taking after we blew out our birthday candles.  Then a drinking session with some of the cousins after.

Although it wasn't what we had planned, it was an awesome birthday again spent with super yummy food and almost all of my Manila based relatives from my mom's side.  I'm crossing my fingers for an out of town extravaganza next year.

---------------------
Photos by Rica de Ramos
More pictures here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...