Friday, February 10, 2012

Eggplants in Pizza Sauce

I know I have to work on my food styling skills.  This may look like an ugly blob but it tasted surprisingly good for an experimental dish.  Even good enough for my mother in law to tell other people about it!


What I used  
  • around 300 grams of lean ground pork
  • 2 eggplants cut into triangles
  • 2 115 gram packs Del Monte italian style pizza sauce
  • 1 125 gram can Molinera whole red pimientos, liquid drained, seeds thrown out, then diced
  • 1 35 gram pack Eden cook sarap grated cheese
  • 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and diced
  • Kikkoman soy sauce
  • salt and pepper
  • McCormick crushed red pepper


What I did
  • browned the pork, seasoned with salt, pepper, soy sauce and crushed red pepper
  • threw in the eggplants 
  • added the pizza sauce when the eggplants were soft
  • stirred in the pimientos and bell peppers
  • sprinkled the cheese and mixed until it melted


Imagine eggplant parmigiana minus the noodles.  It was rich in flavor, gooey and very cheesy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...