Monday, February 6, 2012

Sakae Sushi

We have been frequenting SM Mall of Asia the past couple of months and that revolving sushi bar has always caught our attention.  We finally gave in to our curiosity (and grumbling stomachs) last month and tried Sakae Sushi's all day sushi buffet.


Color coded plates cruise along the conveyer belt waiting for diners to pick them.  You can choose to sample just 4 red plates or eat as much sushi as you can.

Our strategy was to grab one plate at a time and share its contents between us.  We wanted to try as many kinds of sushi as possible.  Of all the stuff we sampled, the crabstick (not in photo) and shrimp sushi were the only things I really liked. 

These makis were so so.  I'm not too sure what the rolls were made of.


I have no idea what this is but it was stuffed with lots of rice.  

I didn't like this and I had to gulp down a lot of ice tea.

This one tasted like chicken in a sweet sticky sauce.

Here are the other things we tried.




This is how much or how little we consumed.  We were surprised to finish just a dozen plates between the two of us since the all time record is 25 plates and held by a girl!

The buffet came with a serving of miso soup and bottomless hot or cold green tea.  The miso soup was ok.  We went for cold regular ice tea, the green tea wasn't available that time.  Service charge and other taxes were not added to the P399 price tag.  But if we had leftovers, an additional fee would have been imposed on us.  I tried my best to swallow my food and sneakily scattered some of the rice grains in my sauce dish.

Their sushi is a far cry from what I'm used to.  We were so stuffed with rice and we didn't like how most of them tasted.  Sakae Sushi's all day sushi buffet is for rice lovers and adventurous diners who would bravelyy put the unknown in their mouths.  At the end of the meal, we were stuffed to the brim, our curiosity was satisfied but our tastebuds were sad.  The revolving sushi experience was worth it but just a one time deal.  I'm glad I didn't insist on walking all the way to the car for my digital camera and just made do with my phone's camera.   

--------------------------------------------
Sakae Sushi
Level 2 Main Mall, SM Mall of Asia
Central Business Park
Bay Blvd., Bay City
Pasay City

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...