Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Danggit and Patola

Since today is Ash Wednesday, I was bent on preparing a meatless dinner.  We had the crispy danggit from Cebu (my sister's pasalubong together with the Zubuchon) which I soaked in a lot of vinegar before munching on them.  The fish was addicting but unlike the other dried fish from last week, this one smelled throughout the house even hours after dinner.

I paired the fish with this giant patola.


Most of the recipes I googled required meat which I was trying to avoid.  I decided to just saute the veggies with minced garlic and onion, added a little water and seasoned with salt, pepper and fish sauce.  It turned out fine but nothing to rave about.  After peeling off the skin and removing the seeds from that huge patola, this is how much or how little I had left.    

Ash Wednesday has kicked off the Lenten Season for us Catholics, time to think of meal options for meatless fridays for the next 2 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...