Friday, February 3, 2012

RUB Ribs & BBQ

I've been hearing and reading great reviews of this new place that serves affordable ribs in Quezon City.  We're rarely in that area so we were pretty excited when it opened a branch in Kapitolyo.  We checked out their Pasig branch last month.



We shared 3 main dishes, 2 salads and a pitcher of their House Blend Iced Tea.
House Blend Iced Tea (Pitcher good for 4) P100

My sister giddily ordered a pack of Kool Aid.
Kool Aid Kiwi Strawberry

Both salads were crisp, light and pretty good.  I really enjoyed the refreshing Lemon Salad.
Caesar Salad P210
lettuce + shrimps + bacon + croutons + dressing

Lemon Salad P190
lettuce + chicken tenders + nuts + bell peppers + onions + lemon dressing

I love anything with butter and garlic.  The RUB Beef was soft and very tasty.
RUB Beef P290
dry rubbed u.s. hanging tender + garlic sauce + buttered vegetables + toast

The Smoked Pork Belly was tender and yummy.
Smoked Pork Belly P170
bbq pork belly + buttered vegetables + rice (add 20 for sprice)

The meat from the Baby Back Ribs were fork tender and seasoned well.  You could dip them into the sauce for even more hickory smoked goodness.  This whole slab with 2 side dishes is good for 2 and is very reasonably priced at P350.  We had the Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes and Garlic Spinach and Mushroom.  I told you I love garlic and these did not disappoint!  The other options for the side dishes were the Fresh Potato Fries, Grilled Buttered Corn, Texas Toast, Bacon and Potato Salad, Coleslaw, Buttered Vegetables and Sprice (Spiced Fried Rice).
Super Duo Baby Back Ribs P350
good for 2, 1 whole slab + 2 sides


I couldn't resist squeezing in an order of Fried Oreos with Vanilla Ice Cream. The warm oreos and cold ice cream complemented each other.  The oreo batter reminded me of corndogs and waffles.
Fried Oreos with Vanilla Ice Cream P140

I want more of those ribs!  I think I can devour a whole order of the Super Duo on my own hahaha.  I plan to visit them soon and try their other goodies too like the Pepperoni Melt, Buffalo Chicken Wings, Pulled Pork Sandwich, Chicken Cajun Pasta and Sprice (Spiced Fried Rice). 

------------------------------
RUB Ribs & BBQ
88 East Capitol Drive
Bgy. Kapitolyo
Pasig City


*additional photos from Rica de Ramos

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...