Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Zubuchon Pasalubong

My sister never fails to bring something home for us on each of her trips.  I was super excited when I spotted this on the kitchen counter!  


While she was in Cebu, we were coordinating via sms for the locations and directions to Zubuchon.  While I was googling and feeding her info, I told her that I was jealous that she was going to be able to try this.  I've been reading about this online and I saw the feature on Anthony Bourdain's show No Reservations.  So she surprised me with about half a kilo of frozen lechon.  I defrosted the package in the ref overnight then separated the pieces before cooking them.

The flyer that came with the lechon suggested 3 serving options - to reheat in the oven, pritchon or fried lechon and lechon sinigang.  I opted for what I thought was the easiest way to cook it and besides my husband and mother in law loves anything fried and crispy.

The finished product after lightly browning the lechon pieces in some very hot oil.


The lechon pieces were soft, juicy and very tasty despite the fact that I totally forgot to sprinkle some sea salt or rock salt as the flyer suggested.  I fished out the small crunchy bits and pieces which had more flavor.  I couldn't resist adding some lechon sauce for even more flavor.  I wonder when I'll be able to go to Cebu and taste the famed Zubuchon fresh off the flame.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...