Thursday, December 15, 2011

Ma Po Tofu

Sick and tired of that crunchy breaded tofu?  Try this spicy meaty tofu dish.  


What I used
  • about 300 grams lean ground pork
  • salt and pepper
  • 2 packs of tofu, cut into cubes
  • 2 packs 80 grams Lee Kum Kee sauce for Ma Po Tofu


What I did
  • heated the ground pork and sprinkled some salt and pepper.  I let it cook in its own fat then drained off the liquid.
  • carefully stirred in the tofu and the Lee Kum Kee sauce.  Let it simmer on low heat until the sauce thickened


I wasn't sure what Ma Po Tofu tasted like so I didn't add any seasonings.  Mom in law loved it as is.  My husband wanted more meat and suggested that I fry the tofu before mixing it in so it wouldn't be too soft.  He misses the crunchy tofu.  As for me, I found it too spicy and I got more servings of meat than tofu.  I could probably use this as sauce for my spaghetti - minus the tofu though.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...