Sunday, December 4, 2011

Mang Larry's Isawan

I'm craving for some pork barbecue from Mang Larry's Isawan in U.P.

We ordered up a storm when we visited this area a few months ago.  Well, my husband did.  He was so delighted with all the choices - botsi, tainga, isaw manok, isaw baboy, special isaw baboy, atay baboy, goto and balun balunan.  I think he ordered at least one of each.  I stuck to the familiar and enjoyed the soft and flavorful pork barbecue.


After grilling, our barbecue was served in a brown paper bag.  You can get as much sauce as you want from these containers which are filled with vinegar, pour it into the plastic cups provided then dip your sticks in.    

Since I wasn't into the innards, I got myself some fish balls, kikiam and tokneneng which were very filling.  

We also tried the offerings of this stall.  Everything was orange and they had some other stuff that were not available at Mang Larry's- bulaklak, taba and bato.  I prefer the pork barbecue of Mang Larry's over their version.

It was late afternoon when we arrived and there were a lot of cars and people even if the parking lot was muddy and had water puddles because it rained earlier that day.  We left after sunset and there were still a lot of people lined up especially at Mang Larry's.

Our merienda turned into our dinner that day and we wished we had some rice with us.

A little tip for those who are squirmish, if pork barbecue is the only thing you want, do not order it together with your companions innards.  It is hard to distinguish the pork from the other innards when they are all packed together especially when it is pretty dark already.  I accidentally bit into one of the innards and I just couldn't swallow it.  It's just not for me.

We capped off our "dinner" with cheese, mango and chocolate dirty ice cream.

This was my first experience with Mang Larry's and definitely not my last.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...