Thursday, November 1, 2012

Mad Mark's


In the past months/years the Kapitolyo area has developed into a busy food lovers paradise.  My family who lives just a short drive away has already dined in most of the establishments here.  Rub and Three Sisters are the only restaurants I've tried in the vicinity.  We met up for dinner one Sunday night and were lucky enought to find a parking slot near Mad Mark's which specializes in man sandwiches, steaks and homemade ice cream.

All of their sandwiches come in two sizes, just sandwich and man sandwich except for "THE" Man Sandwich.
"THE" Man Sandwich P290
For meat lovers, grilled chicken, angus beef, fresh mushrooms, melted mozzarella cheese
"THE" Man Sandwich was huge!  I wasn't sure how to attack it.  I just picked up a piece (we had it sliced into 3) and bit into it.  The flavors blended well together and this is something I will surely order next time.  I created a mess but who cares!

Happy Camper is another must try.  At first I thought it would be weird to have corn kernels in my sandwich but it actually worked.  If you're not into coleslaw or mayo this might weird you out.
Happy Camper Man Sandwich P250
grilled chicken, mad mark dressing, jicama, carrots, corn kernels
The steaks didn't impress me as much as the sandwiches.  They were supposed to be served with Garden Grains (rice pilaf) but they ran out and presented us with white rice.  Although we were given a heads up, it would have been nice if the dish was discounted.  Plain rice and rice pilaf are two very different items.
11oz House Steak P250
USDA steak slathered with rosemary gravy, served with garden grains

11oz Bootstrap Steak P260
our signature steak mouthwatering slab cut USDA angus drizzled with our own homemade bootstrap sauce with garden grains

We also had a Basket of Cajun Fries.  We just love fries!
Basket of Cajun Fries P110
crispy fries with cajun seasoning
We couldn't leave without sampling their homemade ice cream.  These may not be visually appetizing but they were all so good.  Each flavor tasted distinctly different from one another.  I forgot which was which but we had a dark chocolate flavor, something with cookie dough, an earl grey tea and something else.
Homemade Ice Cream P68/scoop; P98/2 scoops

Hubby and I are going back for the man sandwiches and the ice cream! Oh and the staff were pretty friendly too!

--------------------
Mad Mark's Unit 1 23 East Capitol Drive, Brgy. Kapitolyo, Pasig City

13 comments:

  1. I gotta try that MAN SANDWICH! Looks really good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow HUGE sandwich!! i wanna try the fries :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. will need to try those cajun fries :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Mad Mark's ice cream! I have to go back to try the steaks. :)


    http://www.dekaphobe.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. bring your friends so you can try their huge MAN sandwiches too :)

      Delete
  5. "THE" Man Sandwich seems to be calling me...will definitely check this out soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if you still have space after that, try the ice cream too :)

      Delete
  6. This place is interesting. That Man Sandwich looks ridiculous! Haha! My wife and I will have to share one. I love the Kapitolyo area for resraurant hunting. For me, it's right up there with Aguirre and Maginhawa. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like going to Kapitolyo too except for the limited parking spaces. Where is Aguirre? Maginhawa in QC?

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...