Friday, May 24, 2013

Banapple


I can't believe I'm a Banapple latebloomer.  I've been hearing and reading raves and great reviews about this place.   A few months ago, we attempted to eat at their Katipunan branch.  We were lucky enough to find a parking slot but the entire first floor was packed.  We were with seniors and they didn't feel like waiting or walking up the flight of stairs.  A couple of weeks after, we were in the Makati area and headed straight for the Banapple branch in Ayala Triangle.

I was overwhelmed when I went through the menu.  I couldn't decide right away then I spotted the Bacon Fried Chicken Steaks with Milk'shroom Gravy.
Bacon Fried Chicken Steaks with Milk'shroom Gravy P175
crisp chicken fillets smothered in a creamy milk and mushroom gravy, topped with  yummy bacon pieces, served with corn relish

Two thumbs up for this plate of yummy goodness!  I wouldn't mind having another serving of bacon and heaploads of the garlic rice.

Hubby ordered the Hickory Smoked Barbecued Country Ribs which was super soft and melted in our mouths.  Great tasting ribs minus the mess.
Hickory Smoked Barbecued Country Ribs P185
extra tender country ribs grilled in hickory smoke,  glazed with our homemade hickory barbecue sauce, served with corn relish 

Mom got the Banapple Beef & Sausage Stew
Banapple Beef and Sausage Stew P195
the flavors of meaty beef cubes and savory sausages come together in this thick aromatic stew, served with glazed buttercarrots

and Lola had the Breaded Fillet of Cream Dory with Honey Thyme Mustard Sauce.  Both of them liked their dishes.  I only had a teeny tiny bite of each which wasn't enough to make a mark on me.
Breaded Fillet of Cream Dory with Honey Thyme Mustard Sauce P185
fresh fillets of velvety dory fish, blanketed in herb crust and drizzled with warm honey thyme mustard sauce, served with glazed buttercarrots 

The hearty Grandma's Corn Chowder warmed our stomachs and the bacon topping was an added bonus.
Grandma's Corn Chowder P80
chowder of potatoes, corn and crumbled bacon

Despite our humungous lunch, we just had to have some dessert.  The cake display was just calling to us.

Hubby and I shared the Yo Ho Hope! Cheesecake which wasn't that sweet but very heavy on the stomach.
Yo Ho Hope! Cheesecake P120

Mom and Lola shared the Chocolate Chip Walnut Pie.  I'm not a fan of walnuts or any type of nut for that matter so I wasn't too charmed by this.
Chocolate Chip Walnut Pie P95

I'm sure we'll be back to try the other dishes and cakes.  But then again, I wouldn't mind ordering the ribs and having a plate all to myself.  Banapple offers great tasting affordable meals with generous servings and I can't believe I just discovered this now.

--------------------
Banapple Ayala Triangle Gardens, Ayala Avenue, Ayala Triangle, Makati City   

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...