Sunday, July 7, 2013

Ristras Mexican Grill

When we visited Chicago and California several years ago, we fell in love with Chipotle Mexican Grill.  So we were really excited when Ristras Mexican Grill opened in San Juan in 2009.  They have a similar set up wherein you would line up at the counter, choose if you wanted a burrito, taco etc, pick your filling - steak, chicken, pork etc.  At Ristras, the other ingredients are laid out on the counter and the server assembles your order and delivers it at your table after.  

Last month, we were in the San Juan area for an errand.  As we were driving around during a heavy downpour, we spotted an empty parking space at Ristras.  It has been a while since we've dined there so we couldn't decide on what we wanted.  The only thing we agreed on was that we didn't feel like eating beans and anything too heavy.  The servers were very patient with us and answered all our questions (plus aside from us, only one other table was occupied).  We settled on the Steak Soft Tacos and Chicken Quesadilla.   

The Steak Soft Tacos were fully loaded and the fillings were oozing out as I bit into them.  I really liked the steak and everything that came with it.  The taco shells felt a bit rubbery and I would have appreciated it even more if it were heated.


I was surprised at how huge the Chicken Quesadilla came out.  I loved how fresh everything tasted plus this was warmed.  Hubby caught me moving/shaking my head from side to side which he says is something I unconsciously do when I am truly enjoying my food.

Intentions of having a light dinner were thrown out the window as we devoured this delicious meal.  I would suggest that they think of another alternative to their "paper plates" which tend to absorb the sauces and end up getting holes in them even before you're done with your meal.  This is a problem for slow eaters like me.

If you're planning on dining here, prepare to get your hands dirty and your tummies filled.  Go with a group of people as servings are good for sharing.

--------------------
Ristras Mexican Grill Unit 106 J. Abad Santos cor. Lopez Jaena, San Juan City

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...