Friday, July 12, 2013

Gavino's Japanese Donuts

I'm a sucker for sweets especially donuts.  Here's a quick roundup of my first encounter with Gavino's Japanese Donuts at SM Megamall.

The pon de rings/mochi rings looked intriguing.  The chocolate lover in me went for the Choco Almond.  It was chewy and not too sweet but it didn't really wow me.

I took a tiny bite of my sister's Triple Chocolate and it was way better than the Choco Almond.  I think it even had a creamy choco filling.

My tita (aunt) went for the Old Fashioned Glaze.  It had a cake like feel and I really appreciated it's simplicity.

Lola took home the rest of the donuts so I wasn't able to try them.  She tasted all of our donuts and was too full to eat her order.  We were supposed to get just one donut each for the 4 of us but they convinced us to get a box of 6 so we could "save more" (the same marketing strategy employed by Krispy Kreme, J. Co and other donut stores).  A box of 6 would set you back P162-P222 depending on the type of donut (regular or premium) but you can mix them up.

I'm planning on going back for the Hazelnut, Ensaymada, M&M, Cinnamon Sugar and Triple Chocolate pon de rings.  I hear their donut holes/pon de balls are good too.

--------------------
Gavino's Japanese Donuts and More - Lower Ground Floor SM Megamall Bldg. B, EDSA cor. Julia Vargas Ave., Mandaluyong City

*It's at the entrance of SM Department Store, the one near the bridgeway.

2 comments:

  1. is there anything distinctly "japanese" about these donuts, or are they part of a japanese chain perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. from what i understand from their website, these are chewy mochi donuts made here in the philippines patterned after what the owners experienced in Japan and other asian countries :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...