Friday, October 14, 2011

Ma Mon Luk

Last Sunday, we drove mom and lola to Dapitan Arcade.  Hubby and I didn't have the chance to go down and window shop because the intersection was flooded and we couldn't find a parking space.  While circling the Banawe area in search for a merienda spot, we suddenly remembered our craving for Ma Mon Luk.

We feasted on 4 servings of the Original MAMI (Small Bowl), 3 of the Siopao Regular (Asado) and 2 of the Siomai (2pcs/order)

The cross section of the Siopao.

The house specialties.

I had a really bad cold so I could barely taste anything.  I over seasoned my mami with soy sauce and fish sauce.  My husband and mother in law found my soup too salty which meant it was really too much.  They have a higher salt threshold than I do.

According to my husband, everything was up to par and his cravings were greatly satisfied.  The siomai was a bit hard though and could have used a few more minutes in the steamer.  As for me, I'll just have to go back for another round.

I took a couple of shots of the place.  It still looks the same as when we were kids and we would have dinner there after trips to the cemetery on all saints day.  They could beef up on their cleanliness though.  I noticed a used rag on one of the empty tables. And when I washed my hands in the sink near the kitchen, I saw flies!




As we were heading out, I took a closer look at this.  Wouldn't it be cool if it were still functional today?

--------------------
Ma Mon Luk 
408 Quezon Ave.
Quezon City

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...