Monday, October 24, 2011

Tuna Burgers


I saw this a few years back on an episode of QTV channel 11's Sarap at Home which was hosted by Sam Oh. I lost my copy so I just improvised.


What I used
  • 1 can San Marino corned tuna
  • 1 can San Marino chili corned tuna
  • 1 white onion - diced
  • 1 green bell pepper - cored, seeded and diced
  • 1 red bell pepper - cored, seeded and diced
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 4 spoonfuls of flour
  • japanese bread crumbs
  • vegetable oil


What I did
  • in a large mixing bowl, I combined the corned tuna, chili corned tuna, onions, peppers, egg and flour
  • used about a spoonful of the mixture, rolled it in the bread crumbs and flattened it in the form of a burger patty
  • deep fried in oil until golden brown
  • drained on paper towels


The burger was very crunchy but soft, chewy and moist. I could hardly taste the spicy tuna which was masked by all the onions and bell peppers. It could be eaten without condiments but tasted even better with some tartar sauce. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...