Sunday, November 6, 2011

Burgers with Mushroom Gravy


I whipped up some burgers to go with some instant mashed potatoes and asparagus fried in olive oil with salt and pepper.


What I used
  • 300 grams lean ground pork
  • 300 grams lean ground beef
  • 1 onion, peeled and diced
  • 1 tablespoon kikoman soy sauce
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tablespoons flour
  • 2 teaspoons salt
  • 1 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1 pack yellow cab's crushed chili flakes
  • 1 teaspoon dried basil
  • 2 packs McCormick mushroom gravy
  • 2 cups water


What I did
  • mixed all the ingredients together except for the mushroom gravy and water
  • formed generous spoonfuls of the mixture into a ball and then flattened it in the shape of a burger
  • stored in the freezer for about 30 minutes
  • fried the burgers on a non stick pan.  didn't use any oil since the meat renders its own fat/oil
  • transferred the burgers onto a serving platter
  • using the same pan, dissolved the mushroom gravy mix in the water


I used to make burgers from scratch and cross my fingers that it would turn out tasty. I read a great tip somewhere to cook a small portion of your mixture before forming them into patties.  That way you could check if you need to add more seasoning.  I really didn't make the burgers too salty or peppery since I was serving them with gravy on the side.  I would add more basil next time since I could hardly taste it.  A couple of mushrooms could also liven up this dish.  I purposely separated the burgers from the gravy since the husband might bring some of them for lunch the following day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...