Monday, November 21, 2011

Johnny Rockets

We usually spend All Saints Day going around Manila visiting my husband's relatives then my relatives.  And at each stop, there's always so much food.  We end the day with dinner with my family.

We headed to the Timog/Tomas Morato area and were quite disappointed that some of our restaurant picks were closed for the day.  So we pulled into Johnny Rockets, the first place we saw with available parking slots.

I was immediately drawn to the Mocha Fudge Shake which my mom and I shared.  It was extra thick and creamy that I had a hard time sipping from the straw.  I may have looked like a fish sucking in my cheeks so hard.  No wonder they served it with a spoon.  The milk shake was a great experience but I'm not so sure it's worth the P275 price tag.
Mocha Fudge P275
Hot fudge and the flavor of rich cappuccino are perfectly orchestrated w/ premium vanilla ice cream to compose this symphony of flavors

While waiting, they served us with complimentary fries and smiley ketchup which I really appreciated.


Since I was pretty full from munching all day and I was anticipating that the milk shake would be heavy, I opted for a salad.  My mom and I split the Chicken Club Salad.  I made sure that each bite had a little bacon, cheese, chicken and lettuce.  The dressing was some sort of vinaigrette that was both sweet and sour but was light and just right for the salad.  I noticed just now that the menu indicates that we could choose the dressing, the server forgot to ask for our preference.
Chicken Club Salad To Share P395
Chicken tenders or grilled chicken breast served on crisp romaine and iceberg lettuce w/ chopped bacon, ripe tomatoes, grated cheddar cheese and choice of dressing
*we opted for grilled chicken and the photo of this salad is half of the to share portion

My husband had the Original Hamburger which was huge and juicy.  It also came with several large pieces of fries.
The Original Hamburger P285
Fresh lettuce, ripe tomato, chopped onions, relish, pickle, mustard & mayonnaise

I loved my dad's hearty meaty Chili Bowl.  I wasn't able to try my cousins Chili Dogs and Hotdogs though and I forgot to ask them how it was.  My sister's Chicken Tenders were nothing to rave about.  Or maybe we lost our appetite already since her food came after several follow ups and after all of us had finished eating.  My dad even approached the counter to complain.  After that, everyone was so attentive and even awarded my sister with a chocolate sundae on the house.

I doubt that we will be coming back here anytime soon because of the mix up with my sister's food, prices are pretty steep, the food was just so so and you had to go to the building next door to use the restroom.

--------------------------
Johnny Rockets
205 JR 1 Bldg.
Tomas Morato Ave.
Quezon City

1 comment:

  1. agree on the steep prices with so so food. we went sometime august 2009 (eastwood) and never returned since then hehehe

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...