Thursday, November 3, 2011

Fish Fillet with Hoisin Sauce


I prepared this fish dish a few months ago so I can't recall the exact measurements anymore.  I should start writing in real time or at least the same day.


What I used
  • cream dory fillet cut into serving pieces
  • mccormick grill mates lemon pepper with herbs
  • flour
  • hoisin sauce
  • vegetable oil
  • sesame oil
What I did
  • generously sprinkled the lemon pepper on the fish
  • coated it in flour
  • deep fried in oil
  • drained the fish on paper towels
  • removed the oil
  • poured in several spoonfuls of hoisin sauce
  • tossed in the fish and stirred over low heat
  • sprinkled some seasme oil before serving
The hoisin sauce was overwhelming.  I may have used way too much.  They appreciated it though because it was different from our usual fried breaded fish.  If you love the hoisin sauce in your peking duck, you will definitely enjoy this.

Recipe adapted from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...