Thursday, November 24, 2011

My Little Mermaid Experience

I was lucky enough to attend the opening night of Atlantis Productions' Little Mermaid last Friday.  My family was there to support my sister and her friend who were selling tickets for the musical.


I've seen about a handful of plays in my lifetime (not counting those that were requried for school).  I don't really follow theater and my knowledge of the productions and technicalities is very limited or maybe even close to none.

This production of Disney's The Little Mermaid was very entertaining.  Hearing familiar songs from my childhood sent chills down my spine (well it was also freezing cold at the Meralco Theater).  I couldn't help but sway and bob my head while they were performing Under the Sea.  I wanted to stand up and dance.  I attempted to sing along to Part of Your World.  I mixed up most of the lyrics but who cares!  I doubt that anyone heard me.

The colorful and vibrant costumes were amazing especially the tails.  I loved how they moved around and sparkled.  The set and props were very creative.  The theater was transformed into a magical wonderland.

The actors and actresses did a fantastic job as well.  There was so much energy on stage.  My favorite though was Ursula who was funny and witty, a villainess that's not scary at all.  I just loved her here.

The cast and the whole production truly deserve a standing ovation.

-----------------------------
Photos from Atlantis Productions.  Visit their website for show schedules and ticket info.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...