Sunday, November 13, 2011

Industry Restaurant & Bar

Although we were blessed with great weather and clear blue skies, we spent most of the trip indoors playing monopoly deal and mahjong and eating our hearts out.



Paseo de Sta. Rosa was our last stop for this road trip.   Our main objective was to check out the area where Debenhams and Marks & Spencer are located.  For dinner, we decided on Industry Restaurant & Bar since they don't have branches anywhere else.



We took the tables and chairs which were part of this set up to create a long table good for 10.

We started with the Spiced Tuna & Pako Salad, a refreshing salad with generous servings of flavorful tuna with just the right acidity.
Spiced Tuna & Pako Salad P245
fiddlehead fern w/ seared spice rubbed tuna loin, red eggs & dried mango dressed w/ pinoy vinaigrette


The Ox-tail (USA) Kaldereta was rich and spicy.  The meat was very tender.  The Longganiza Rice was pretty ordinary for me.  I could hardly distinguish the taste of the longganiza.
Ox-tail (USA) Kaldereta P390
braised boneless ox-tails in spicy tomato sauce
Longganiza Rice (for two) P75


Most of them really enjoyed the Pla-Pla & Balao-Balao.  I should have followed the waiter's instructions and wrapped the fish with some of the sauce in the mustard leaves.  I ate just the fish and the sauce and wasn't really amazed by it.  I can't explain it but I was just turned off by the sauce.  
Pla-Pla & Balao-Balao P250
crispy fried whole pla-pla served with homemade fermented rice and fresh mustard leaves


Just a small bite of the creamy Crab Pinais was enough to satisfy my curiosity for this dish.  Presentation was very attractive.
Crab Pinais P150
Pan steamed crab shells stuffed w/ crabmeat & coconut wrapped in taro leaves


I helped myself to several servings of this soft and tasty Beef Tenderloin (8oz) with Miso.  I was expecting something similar to the miso used in sinigang dishes but it was barely there.  It tasted more like tenderloin steak, more on soy sauce and seasonings. It went well with the sour salad that came with it.
Beef Tenderloin (8ox) with Miso P290
Red miso marinated beef tenderloin paired w/ green mango & red radish atchara


The Stuffed Kalabasa Flowers were placed in shot glasses.  Each order had about 5 or 6 servings which disappeared right away.  Each bite was bursting with flavor.  I would love to have this again next time.
Stuffed Kalabasa Flowers P190
stuffed squash flowers of fish & shrimp dipped in a light batter & served w/ pinoy caesar dressing


I had to take out the spring onions in my Lechon de Cebu Wraps.  They were too overpowering.  I preferred the Lechon sauce over the Hoisin sauce.  Both were nothing special.  I would stick to eating Peking Duck or Pritchon.
Lechon de Cebu Wraps P280
pulled pieces of lechon de cebu served peking style served w/ homemade mandarin pancakes served w/ lechon & hoisin sauces


The Lamb Shank (AUS) Adobo was too salty for me.
Lamb Shank (AUS) Adobo P380
whole lamb shank braised in adobo sauce & sprinkled w/ toasted garlic


I'm glad we made room for dessert.  The Fried Leche Flan was light and had just the right amount of sweetness.  I wasn't too fond of the texture of the batter though.  The caramel sauce was pretty sweet.
Fried Leche Flan P115
batter fried logs of leche flan w/ preserved coconut & caramel sauce


I could hardly taste the cinnamon in the Industry Turon.  Four big pieces were enough for all of us to have a taste and the consensus was Tootsie's Turon Halo Halo from the previous day was much better.
Industry Turon P90
fried plantain spring rolls filled w/ coconut preserves & flavored w/ cinnamon


Hats off to the chefs of Industry for coming up with creative dishes.  I wish they would open a branch in Manila, better yet in Ortigas area!  I'm looking forward to sampling the Adobo Floss with Thai Green Mango Salad, Grilled Pinakbet Salad, Pinsec Sisig, Kesong Puti Triangles with sweet chili sauce, Monggo Bean Puree, Crab Molo, Lechong Batchoy, Tamarind Glazed Chicken Legs, Rellenong Adobong Pusit (chorizo mushroom stuffed squid) and Mocha Lava Cake.  I think I need an army to try all of these in just one day, who wants to go with me?


---------------------------------
Industry Restaurant & Bar
Paseo de Sta. Rosa
Sta. Rosa, Laguna


*additional photos by Rica de Ramos

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...