Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The Cheese Steak Shop Manila

My husband and I were driving around Makati in search of a dinner spot that we have never tried.  As we were cruising along Pasay Road, we saw this well lit red and white restaurant that seemed laid back and casual.  We immediately pulled into the empty parking slot but hesitantly got out of the car.  We threw caution to the wind and bravely walked in.

Although we took our sweet time deciding, the staff patiently answered all of our questions.  The large font and huge menus on the counters and walls get a double thumbs up from me.  My friends and family know how bad my vision is so I really appreciate not having to ask someone read the menu board for me.


First time I ever saw a menu that had a ruler and visuals to help you decide on the size of your sandwich.

We shared a 10 inch Classic Philly Cheese Steak value meal with Steak Fries and regular Rootbeer that we upgraded to a Soda Float.  I had to flatten the sandwich to fit it into my mouth.  I loved how everything blended well together - the soft bun, the thin and well seasoned steak strips, the melt in your mouth ooey gooey cheese and the peppers that gave a little kick.  Just a few bites of the sandwich and I was a true believer of their catchy tagline "Caution:  May be habit forming"

We got our condiments from these cute colorful dispensers for ketchup, mustard and ranch dressing.  

The rich and creamy ranch dressing was to die for.  Perfect with the long and fat giant steak fries.  I wonder if they used imported potatoes.

The soda float was far from spectacular though.

The husband was very satisfied with his P65 sub zero San Mig Light.  He described it as a very very cold beer minus the bitterness and brain freeze.  They also offer other local and imported beers.

The man who looked like the manager was very friendly and wasn't paranoid that I was taking close up photos of the menus.  He even offered to move a few things around so I could get a better shot.  I then learned that this establishment is a franchise from the U.S. which explains the photos of different branches on the walls.  They were still on dry run last week and will officially open sometime in the 3rd week of November.

We left with huge smiles on our faces and promised ourselves that we would go back for more.  I hope this business takes off and expands right away or at least opens a branch in the Ortigas area.    

----------------------------------------------------
The Cheese Steak Shop Manila
Original Philadelphia Style Sandwich
G/F The E-Hotel Makati
906 A. Arnaiz St. (formerly Pasay Rd.)
between Paseo de Roxas and Makati Ave.
San Lorenzo Village
Makati City
632 555 0235
632 555 1818

They have moved to a new location - 140 Amorsolo St., Legaspi Village, Makati City

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...