Saturday, November 12, 2011

Tootsie's Tagaytay

We took advantage of the Halloween/All Saints Day long weekend and celebrated my lola's (grandmother) birthday with an overnight trip to Tagaytay.  First stop was lunch at Tootsie's.

We started off with this eggplant dish.  Think ensaladang talong wrapped in flavorful breading served with a garlicky mayo dip on the side.


The all too familiar taste of the Pancit Molo was comforting.  I remember having this every New Years Eve in Kawi.  The serving is huge and perfect for the cool Tagaytay weather.  

We just had to have my dad's favorite Baked Beans.  He beelines for this at every Eduque family gathering.

The Inihaw na Maliputo (grilled fish) was fresh and soft.  Maliputo is a Batangas delicacy that only thrives in Taal Lake.  The dish is pretty expensive but definitely worth it.  Why not splurge a bit when celebrating a special occasion?

I just had to order the Lengua.  I'm not particulary fond of eating lengua but this one I absolutely love.  The meat feels like super soft beef that melts in your mouth.  I scoop up a lot of that rich sauce for my rice and a couple of those olives and mushrooms. 

The crunchy Chorizo Adelfa packs in a lot of flavor.  It comes in a spicy version too.


The Lumpiang Hubad balanced out all the rich flavors from this feast.

And now for the sweet stuff.  The Turon Halo-Halo was an instant hit.  They were fighting over the pieces that had ube (purple yam).

Tita Tootsie (my aunt and part owner of this restaurant) arrived while we were having our meal.  She sent us some complimentary Bibingka which I happily devoured with a dab of sugar.  

I was struggling with my humongous serving of Sago Gulaman.  I had to coax my cousins and lola to help me finish this.  

My sister and cousin ended their meal with a steaming cup of Hot Chocolate served with crunchy pinipig.

On your next road trip to Tagaytay, why not visit Tootsie's for a taste of home cooked comfort food which our family has enjoyed for several decades.  

------------------------------
J. Abad Santos 
cor. Aguinaldo Highway
Tagaytay City
0917-8668743

additional photos from Rica de Ramos

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...